Cast Release Date, More – Hollywood Life
There is a list of exciting movies releasing in the second half of 2022. This includes The Moonflower Slayerswhich is based on a non-fiction book featuring an all-star cast led by the famous Martin Scorsese. The film is an American Western crime drama and it is expected to be a huge hit with critics. Look for The Moonflower Slayers be a major contender at the 2023 Oscars. Here’s everything you need to know about the film, including the release date, cast, and more.
When can I watch “Killers Of The Flower Moon”?
The Moonflower Slayers is set to release in November 2022. An official release date has yet to be announced. Fans can watch the film in theaters or stream it at home on Apple TV+. Imperative Entertainment won the film rights bidding war in March 2016 and paid $5 million. Production was supposed to start in early 2020, but was pushed back due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Filming officially began on April 19, 2021 in Oklahoma.
“We are thrilled to finally begin production on The Moonflower Slayers in Oklahoma,” Scorsese said in a statement at the time. “Being able to tell this story on the ground where these events took place is hugely important and critical to allowing us to give an accurate portrayal of the times and the people. We are excited to begin working with our local cast and crew to bring this story to life on screen and capture a moment in American history that should never be forgotten. Filming officially wrapped on October 1, 2021.
Who is in the cast of “Killers Of The Flower Moon”?
- robert de niro like William Hale. This is the 11th film collaboration between Scorsese and De Niro. The others are average streets, Taxi driver, New York, New York, Raging Bull, The King of Comedy, Goodfellas, Cape Fear, Casino, The Audition and The Irishman. De Niro’s character, William Hale, is a powerful rancher who becomes the prime suspect in the FBI’s investigation into the Osage murders.
- Leonardo DiCaprio as Ernest Burkhart, William’s morally conflicted nephew. This is the 7th film collaboration between Scorsese and Leo. The others are Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, Shutter Island, The Wolf of Wall Street, and The hearing. Leo is an executive producer on the film. During the pandemic, Leo and De Niro raised money for charities and offered the biggest donor a starring role in the film. The winner spent an entire day on set and is invited to the world premiere.
- jesse plemons as FBI Senior Agent Tom White. Jesse has already starred in the Scorsese movie The Irishman. He is also known for his roles in The master, Bridge of Spies, Vice, Judas and the Black Messiah and The Power of the Dog. On TV, Jesse starred in Friday night lights, breaking Badand Fargo.
- Lily Gladstone as Ernest’s wife, Mollie Burkhart. Lily’s notable film roles include Some women, going outand first cow. She appeared in four episodes of the Showtime series Billions.
- Brendan Fraser like WS Hamilton. Brendan was a last minute addition to the cast. He joined the film in August 2021, more than three months after filming began. Brendan’s famous movies include The Mummy trilogy, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Crash, and Give me shelter.
The supporting cast also includes John Lithgow (Free from all ties), Barry Corbin (A tree hill), Catherine Willis (Friday night lights), Scott Berger (Jason Bourne), Pat Healy (Compliance), Gary Basaraba (The Last Temptation of Christ), Louis Cancelmi (The Irishman), Sturgil-Simpson (The hunt), Cardinal Tantou (Wind River), and more.
Who is the creative team behind the scenes?
Martin Scorsese directs The Moonflower Slayers. He was nominated nine times for the Best Director Oscar, winning once for The dead. He wrote the screenplay with Eric Rothwho won the Oscar for his work on Forrest Gump. Scorsese will also collaborate with the cinematographer Rodrigue Prieto for the fourth time. The couple’s past works include The Wolf of Wall Street, Silence, and The Irishman. Rodrigo has earned Oscar nominations for the last two films. Robbie Robertson, lead guitarist and songwriter for The Band, composed the score. He has already collaborated seven times with Scorsese. The creative team also includes a production designer Jack Fiskwho is twice nominated for an Oscar for there will be blood and The ghost. Thelma Schoonmaker reunites with Scorsese to edit The Moonflower Slayers.
What is the film about ?
The Moonflower Slayers is based on David Grann2017 nonfiction book Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI. The film will focus on the series of murders that took place in the Osage Nation, a Native American tribe, in Oklahoma in the 1920s after oil was discovered on tribal lands. The murders, which were orchestrated by herdsman William Hale (played by De Niro in the film), caught the attention of the newly formed FBI. Scorsese’s film is set to give the FBI’s perspective as it investigates the murders.
This is Scorsese’s first Western. He spoke about the project in February 2020. “The film is mainly about the Osage, an Indian tribe who were given horrible territory, which they loved because they thought white people would never care about it” , Scorsese said in an interview. “Then we discovered oil there, and for about 10 years the Osage became the wealthiest people in the world, per capita. Then, as in the mining regions of the Yukon and Colorado, the vultures land, the White, the European arrives, and all is lost. There, the underworld had such control over everything that you were more likely to go to jail for killing a dog than for killing an Indian.
Some members of the Osage Nation have reacted to Scorsese’s upcoming film. Osage Harrison Shackelford Told Oklahoma that he has mixed feelings about the details of the community’s painful past coming to life. “I think about it both ways. It was a bad time – a really bad time – for the Osage…and I think this movie is going to bring back a lot of old, bad memories,” he said. “But it’s going to bring back things that needed to be talked about, that needed to be said, that some people know and some people don’t. And I think that’s going to be good.”
Scorsese visited the Osage Nation in the years leading up to filming. Chief of the Osage Nation Geoffrey Standing Bear was brought onto the film as a leading consultant. He released a statement at the start of filming that read, “This is a very strong and lucrative business that directly benefits many Oklahomans, including sovereign nations. It promotes financial opportunity and cultural recognition for all. Funding from the state of Oklahoma along with the efforts of the Osage Nation proved to be a big draw for this particular film. We are now seeing the fruits of all our efforts to bring this great cinematic production here and now!”
What is the film’s budget?
The Moonflower Slayers has a budget of $200 million. It’s the same for the course with a Scorsese film. Paramount originally owned the rights to the film, but sold it to Apple, as it did with The Irishman who went to Netflix. A factor in Paramount’s decision to sell to Apple was that Leonardo DiCaprio wanted to play Ernest Buckhart, rather than Tom White, who he was originally meant to play. Paramount feared the film would become “less commercially viable” (per Independent wire) due to Leo’s casting change, so they sent the project to Apple. Leo indeed got the role of Ernest, while Jesse Plemons was chosen to play Tom. The Moonflower Slayers is going to be a film not to be missed.