How to Write a Great Essay on a Movie, Book, or Play
A review essay is an academic paper that teachers assign to ask students what they think of a book they have read (a movie/play they have seen) and to check their understanding of the work. This essay is like a review. A review is a genre of journalism based on a critical evaluation of a cultural object. You can turn to a professional paper writing service like Writingapaper if you are struggling to write an essay. Service experts have years of experience, so you get qualified help.
Most often, teachers are offered to write an essay on the book they have read. In this case, the main goal is to show that the student has read the work and understands its meaning, as well as to demonstrate his attitude towards the characters and their actions. Such an essay is written according to the following plan:
- Characteristics of the author of the book and the place of the particular work in his work.
- The plot of the book (the main events in 3-5 sentences, do not go into too much detail
- Personal attitude towards what you have read (this is the main part of the essay on "book
- Evidence (argumentation of your own opinion: why certain characters seemed positive and
others don’t. By what actions they demonstrated it).
- Conclusion (what reading the book teaches, what moral questions the writer raises and
what the writer answers them).
This review test plan is universal and will work for books of any genre. Samples and examples of review essays with this structure can easily be found online. If the teacher asks the essay topic “A review essay on a favorite book”, an additional element of the plan would be an answer to the question “Why do I like this book more than others?”
Critical essay on a painting
Develop students; and students; aesthetic sense, teachers sometimes offer to write a review of a work of painting. If you know how to write an essay review on a book, an essay review on a board will also not be difficult.
Their plans are similar:
- Brief information about the artist, his style and the period of creation in which the painting
- A statement of what the viewer sees in the image (genre and subject).
- Description of the artistic characteristics of the painting (composition, shortcut, panorama,
games of light, color and shade, symbols).
- Feelings that the artistic space of painting evokes.
- Conclusion (what the author wanted to reflect and how successful he was).
Before writing an essay review on the image, carefully review all the details of the image.
film review essay
Some modern teachers realize that young people read little and instead of the traditional book review. Therefore, teachers more often ask students to write an essay on a film. Sometimes you can choose a movie yourself, for example, to write about your favorite. Or you can write about a movie you saw recently that stuck with you. The teacher may also ask you to write about a movie that has been popular for many years or a movie based on a work of fiction. To make it easier to write such an essay, we recommend that you take notes while watching the film. So you won’t miss any detail.
A plan that it is desirable to adhere to when writing:
- Begin with a characterization of the director. You can talk about his work.
- Talk about how the movie is made. Is it based on the book, or did he do it his own way and
with their contact details?
- It is important to specify if the film is similar to the book. Try to say what
the differences come from the book. You can even write about the appearance of the characters.
- Do the actors look like the characters in the book?
- Don’t forget to give your opinion on the film. Do you like the plot and so on?
Don’t try to write an essay like a professional who writes movie reviews. You must complete the essay with your impressions of what you saw. Tell me what you liked about the plot and if you liked the ending of the film.
Essay review of the piece
Most often, plays based on classic works of literature are also offered for analysis.
The plan of such a test:
- General information about the play: in which theater it is based, whose work is staged.
- The coincidence/differences of the play’s plot from the original book. Characteristics of
acting (as the main means of artistic production).
- A personal opinion on what was seen.
As you can see, writing an answer essay is not difficult. We hope our tips have helped you master this type of work as a review essay. But if you still have doubts about writing a good article, it is worth contacting the reddit essay writing service to help. Its experts know how to write essays on any subject: language and literature, history and social studies.